There are many lists from different sources and different eras about the seven wonders of the world. It seems like everyone has their own list. Today we’re going to talk about this list for The Seven Natural Wonders Of The World put together by CNN.
1. Grand Canyon – “The Grand Canyon in Arizona is a natural formation distinguished by layered bands of red rock, revealing millions of years of geological history in cross-section. Vast in scale, the canyon averages 10 miles across and a mile deep along its 277-mile length. Much of the area is a national park, with Colorado River white-water rapids and sweeping vistas.”
2. Great Barrier Reef – “The Great Barrier Reef, off the coast of Queensland in northeastern Australia, is the largest living thing on Earth, and even visible from outer space.”
3. Harbor of Rio de Janeiro – “The Harbor of Rio de Janeiro is located in Brazil and was created by erosion from the Atlantic Ocean and is also known as Guanabara Bay.”
4. Mount Everest – “Mount Everest, also known in Nepal as Sagarmāthā and in China as Chomolungma, is Earth’s highest mountain.”
5. Aurora – “An aurora, sometimes referred to as a polar lights or northern lights, is a natural light display in the sky, predominantly seen in the high latitude regions.”
6. Parícutin Volcano – “Parícutin is a scoria-cone volcano located in the Mexican state of Michoacán, near the city of Uruapan and about 322 kilometres west of Mexico City.”
7. Victoria Falls – “Victoria Falls, or Mosi-oa-Tunya, is a waterfall in southern Africa on the Zambezi River at the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe.”
So there you have it. A great list of 7 incredible spots on this planet we call earth. Do you agree with this list? Have you seen any of these in person? Is there a place on earth you think deserves to be on this list of Natural Wonders?
If you’d like travel and see some of these incredible places, click to download FlyEx. The Peer to Peer Travel Booking App gives you access to unpublished fares.