When you visit a place for the first time the last thing you want to do is be stuck researching what to see and do while you’re there. Experienced travelers know it’s helpful to see tips and recommendations from fellow travelers. Below you’ll find a list of 8 things to do while visiting Beijing along with an Instagram shot by someone who actually did them. Let us know what you think of this list.
Top eight things to do in Beijing according to a traveler who’s been there.
- Spend a day at the “Great Wall” of China at Badaling, or try the older “Simatai” part of the great wall.
- Visit the magnificent Xiang Shan Gong Yuan and the Beijing Botanical Gardens, located to the west of the city- a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre.
- Visit the Summer Palace (Yi He Yuan) located in the south-east of the city centre and also the Old Palace (Yuan Ming Yuan).
- Visit the beautiful and fabulous Yong He Gong (Lama Temple) in the north of the city centre. Mostly renowned as Beijing’s largest Buddhist temple.
- Why not take an early morning or an evening stroll in Tiananmen Square, and to make it more special, you can watch the daily flag hoisting and lowering ceremonies at sunrise and sunset respectively.
- No trip to Beijing is complete with a visit to the famous “Quan Ju De” Roast Duck restaurant where you can indulge in eating fine roast duck meat. The restaurant on 32 Qianmen Avenue is famous for entertaining many foreign dignitaries and VIPs who come to this restaurant for its scrumptious roasted duck.
- Take a relaxing rickshaw ride or walk around the many Hutongs that surround the Forbidden City. It’s best to ask before you take photographs of the locals and make sure you don’t get lost as the Hutongs are famous for having many turns.
- Xidan and Wangfujing are two of Beijing’s biggest shopping areas, attracting many local and foreign tourists alike. Both of these shopping malls are respectively located at either side of the centre of Beijing.
If you want to visit Beijing for yourself and want to get exclusive unpublished fares on Flights download FlyEx. The Peer to Peer travel booking app.